Claire – Founder and Chief Fitness Officer
Hi! My name is Claire Madin – Founder of West Women Fitness and Trekking. I am originally from Australia, and now a Canuck living in Vancouver, BC. How lucky are we to live here in BC!
With over 18 years’ experience working in the health industry, managing clients with chronic health conditions. I understand the importance of staying physically and mentally fit, to be able to proactively manage long term health. Prevention is the key. Fitness is an integral part of my everyday.
Why is fitness important to me?
- It allows me to do what I love – celebrate with people when they achieve a goal.
- Fitness lets me train, participate and complete adventures……injury free!
- Fitness makes me a better human!
- I can walk my two Bernedoodles who weigh over 100lbs each.
- Eat nutritious meals and make smart choices for my body….to fuel it correctly.
- Fitness keeps me accountable and on track to move forward to complete a goal!
- Be at my best….and enjoy daily life!
Adventures have always been a strong part of my life! I love adventures…..trekking, skiing, hiking, kayaking, travelling and currently exploring local neighbourhoods closer to home!
Being an avid trekker, I have trekked in Australia, Africa, Asia, Europe, Britain and Canada. Closer to home, I have complete the North Coast Trail and West Coast Trail carrying full pack. These treks are definitely challenging – sitting on the beach eating dinner watching whales play just off the beach is incredible.
I love the trekking experience – it constantly challenges my mind and body. The ability to connect with nature can do amazing things for your soul. I love participating in charity trek events – 50km and 100km events test us physically and mentally, and makes us a better human!
As a Certified Personal Trainer, and passionate health professional, fitness is essential part of life so I can enjoy daily life on and off the trails, and crush my goals!
As Founder of West Women Fitness and Trekking, I have a simple goal to provide women of all fitness levels with an opportunity to join a community of strong, healthy, fit women assured in their confidence to seek change in themselves and the world, explore trails and climb a few mountains along the way!
I look forward to seeing you in the gym or on the trails for a fitness adventure soon!
- Women’s Fitness Specialist
- BCRPA Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- TRX Certified
- M. Bus (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Podiatry)
- Bachelor of Science
- Canadian Red Cross – Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid, CPR